How To Make Easy Pain Relief Weed Salve
Cannabis topicals are just one of many ways that we are going back to using marijuana the old-fashioned way. The common misconception about the marijuana industry is that it’s all about getting high - which just isn’t the case. Some of the ways that our ancestors, as well as some of us in the modern age, relate to marijuana has nothing to do with the stoned effect. And applying cannabis topically is one of those ways. As we step out of believing that weed belongs in a pipe or bong, it might seem like weed salve is a new thing - but it’s not. Humans have been making blams, lotions, and salves from cannabis for centuries!
So, if you experience muscle or joint pain and you don’t want to go down the road of conventional Western medicine, topical application of weed might be the answer. It is an effective way of using the power of cannabinoids at the exact site of your pain. And today you’re going to learn how to make your own at home.
How does a weed salve work?
Balms, oils, and lotions that are made to be applied to the skin all fall into the category of weed salves. They are applied to the area that is affected by soreness, pain or inflammation. The cannabinoids inside the marijuana lotion are received through the skin without entering the bloodstream, delivering localized relief.
Bypassing the bloodstream is what allows the user to experience pain relief and reduced inflammation without the psychotropic onslaught. There are cannabinoid receptors all over the body, including in the skin, that allow the cannabinoids in the topical treatment to take effect.
What are the benefits of weed salve?
Other than giving you a new and exciting way to use marijuana, a weed salve has benefits for your body and for the cannabis community as a whole.
- It is non-toxic and completely natural
- It does not give the user a psychoactive experience
- Weed salve is an effective treatment for localized pain, inflammation, and muscle soreness
- It can be used by people of all ages
- It’s extremely easy to make at home
Here’s the recipe
Now that you’ve been inundated with inspiration to incorporate weed salve into your life, here is the recipe that you’ve been waiting for.
Before we get into exactly how to make it, we should probably mention that you’re going to need some cannabis oil for this recipe. Whether you decide to make your own or purchase it, it doesn't matter. However, making your own cannabis oil at home is also very easy, should you decide to go down that road. Plus - you’ll know exactly what’s in it!
- ⅓ cup beeswax
- 1 cup cannabis oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Any essential oils that you want to add for fragrance or added pain relief (we recommend chamomile, peppermint, and rosemary as remedies for pain and inflammation)
- Begin by melting all of the beeswax in a small saucepan. Do not let it boil. You just need it to become a liquid
- Add the cup of cannabis oil
- Add the olive oil. This is also the time to add the essential oils that you would like to add to the blend
- Whisk it all together until it is evenly mixed
- Pour the mixture into the jar that you will eventually keep it in. Let it cool and solidify!
Your salve is now ready to use! With your fingertips, apply a small amount of the salve to any part of the body that is experiencing soreness or pain. Enjoy your homemade weed salve!
The Easiest Way To Buy Weed