Here’s How to Get Your Medical Cannabis Card in California
Looking to get your medical cannabis card in California? Well, you’re in luck. Today we’re going to show you the easiest way to do so. Best of all, you’ll be able to do it straight from your laptop, phone, or tablet, and your green card will be shipped to you in just 1 day.
Forget about having to find a doctor in order to get a recommendation and then lining up at your nearest health centre to file all the paperwork. Just follow the steps below and you’ll be on your way.
To top it all off, we’re also going to give you $20 off your first FOUR cannabis orders on GreenRush.com. All you’ll need is the promo code at the end of this article. You’re welcome.
California’s Medical Marijuana Card Program
Medical marijuana has been legal in California since 1996 when Proposition 215 (also known as the Compassionate Use Act) was passed with a 55% majority.
The act serves to protect all medical cannabis patients and their defined caregivers from prohibition laws against use, possession, and cultivation, provided they have a valid written recommendation from a doctor.
In 2003, the state went on to pass Senate Bill 420 (also known as the Medical Marijuana Protection Act). This set of bills clarified some of the many grey areas of Prop 215 and also established what is now known as California’s Medical Marijuana Identification Program. The program is voluntary, meaning that patients are not required to apply for a green card in order to buy, consume, or cultivate cannabis.
Why Do I Need a Medical Cannabis Card in California?
As it is not mandatory to have a medical cannabis card in California, many patients are confused about the purpose of applying for one. However, most industry professionals agree that it is worth the time and effort,including California NORML who advise patients that “they will probably be safer from arrest if they enroll in the state ID program.”
Having a marijuana card in California comes with the following benefits:
- Easy verification: A green card makes it super easy to get fast access to cannabis. All dispensaries and cannabis delivery services such as GreenRush need to verify new patients, and a state-issued card is the fastest way to do so.
- Extra protection: A medical cannabis card can easily be stored in your wallet and can be a lifesaver in certain situations. If, for example, you are approached by police for either medicating with or cultivating cannabis and you do not have your recommendation on you at that exact time, a green card can protect you from the law at least until you get it.
Some patients also express concern about being at a higher risk of federal prosecution by enrolling in California’s ID card program. However, the federal Drug Enforcement Agency has said (on numerous occasions) that it is not interest in convicting/prosecuting individual patients.
Plus, the state ID card system has safeguards that protect patient privacy. No personal information (such as names or addresses) is stored in the state’s database except a personal photo and ID number.
Getting Your Medical Cannabis Card in California
Now that you know a bit more about California’s Medical Marijuana Identification Program and the benefits of having a green card, let us show you how to get one.
The process previously consisted of two steps:
- Getting a recommendation from a doctor.
- Taking that recommendation along with a variety of other documentation to a community health centre for processing.
This could take anywhere from a few days to a week or more. Now thanks to Rush.md you can get your medical cannabis card in just one day. Best of all, you can apply for it straight from your phone, laptop, or tablet.
Rush.md is a brand-new service aiming to provide each of its patients with fast and reliable access to a marijuana card so they can enjoy the best cannabis products hassle-free. And it is super simple. Here’s how it works:
- Log on to Rush.md and create a medical file detailing your medical condition and history.
- Jump on a video consultation with a verified doctor via your smartphone, tablet, or laptop. They will briefly consult you based on your file and, if they believe medical marijuana to be beneficial for you, will provide you with a written cannabis recommendation.
- Your recommendation will be available to print immediately.
- A physical recommendation and your medical cannabis card will be shipped to you that same day.
The service only costs $39 and cannabis cards usually ship within one business day.
Find The Best Cannabis in California, Today
Once you’ve applied for your medical cannabis card in California, make sure you have access to the best dispensaries near you. Sign up to GreenRush today and get fast, discreet, and professional delivery straight to your door. Better yet, use the promo code below when signing up and you’ll get $20 off your first FOUR orders. What are you waiting? Get your green card, sign up, and make sure you share the love by passing this post on to your friends.