Celebrate 4th Of July With This Delicious Weed Pie
Pie is an iconic 4th of July food. But do you sometimes wish you could step up your pie game with a little THC? Well, now you can. In this article, we’re going to share a recipe for a delicious 4th of July weed pie. Whether you’re throwing a barbecue or a dinner party, you’re bound to impress your guests with this delightful dessert.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 1 sleeve graham crackers, finely crushed
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp cannabutter, melted
- 1 pound (two 8-ounce packages) reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup jam (blueberry or raspberry work great)
- 2 cups assorted berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and/or raspberries)
How To Make 4th Of July Weed Pie
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine your crushed graham crackers, salt, and sugar in a big bowl. Mix well with a fork.
- Melt the cannabutter on a low heat in the microwave for 20 seconds. Take it out, stir it lightly with a spoon, and repeat until all the butter has melted.
- Combine the butter with your graham cracker mixture. This is the key to your weed pie.
- Spray a deep pie dish with non-stick spray. If you don’t have non-stick spray, grease the dish lightly with a little extra cannabutter.
- Pour your pie crust into the dish and press it down firmly until you have an even crust running along the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then let it cool completely.
- Put the cream cheese in a mixer and mix lightly for 2 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla, and continue mixing until the mixture has a soft, creamy texture.
- Whip the cream in a separate bowl until it starts to form stiff peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Add the filling into your pie crust.
Here comes the fun part. To make your weed pie look extra delicious, add small dollops of jam to the top of the mixture. Then, using a skewer or the back of a spoon, draw some swirls into the top of the pie.
Finally, garnish the pie with the fresh berries. Finish it off with a star-spangled banner and a few sparklers, and voila!
Tips For An Extra Tasty Weed Pie
This recipe is pretty straightforward. However, there are a few things to look out for to ensure your weed pie turns out extra delicious:
Always preheat your oven for 10-15 minutes before baking.
Take your cannabutter and cream cheese out of the fridge 15-20 minutes before you start cooking. This will ensure the cannabutter melts evenly in the microwave and that the cream cheese is easier to combine.
Don’t overcook your pie crust. It should be golden but not brown.
Don’t overbeat your filling. When whipping cream, it really only takes a few seconds to go from delicious whipped cream to curdled butter. Make sure to keep an eye on your cream as you mix and stop as soon as you see those stiff peaks.
The Easiest Way To Buy Weed
With options for delivery and pick up, greenRush is the easiest way to buy weed. Shop thousands of products from hundreds of retailers and start your order today.