Taking a Break from The New Normal
Are you tired of hearing “the new normal” yet? It’s a crushing reminder of everything we’ve endured over the last year, and while people are just trying to coin a term to describe our new reality...it can get really old, really fast. So, stay six feet apart from every other human being in the world (gladly, right?) and take a break from the new normal. Go home, lock the door, and be alone. Totally alone. We’re calling this your Reset Night. Your goal is to take your mind off the pandemic, off the new normal, and refocused on the things that matter most to you. Your Reset Night is your night to unplug, unwind, and recoup from the pandemic.
But, before you do anything, place an order to get your weed delivered by us here. We’re the ones giving you all of the best Reset Night ideas, so no way are you leaving to get your own cannabis. Here’s the ideal, break from the new normal, cannabis-friendly Reset Night, in order, as told by the Green Rush team:
1) Make a Healthy Meal
Emphasis on a healthy meal. If there’s anything we all treasure after last year, it’s our health! Don’t waste Reset Night on a bad meal. Pick something that your body will thank you for. Also, don’t overcomplicate things. It can be easy to overthink and get stuck focusing on what you should make, that you just don’t make anything at all.
If you’re not used to eating healthy, don’t get caught up trying to make an extravagant meal. Reset Night is about rejuvenation, don’t waste your time cooking for three hours. If you like chicken, make grilled chicken breast and salad. Keep it simple.
2) Make a Not-So-Healthy Dessert
And though we treasure our health, we have learned life is all about balance and living in the moment. How many of us wish we ate just one more piece of cake at our favorite restaurant before it closed down for months, maybe even forever? Eat something sweet and enjoy every bite.
If you are trying to eat healthily, find a recipe that fits your dietary needs and make it. Remember: keep it simple! This is not the night to experiment in the kitchen. Feed your body, feed it well, and be done so you can relax.
By now, your delivery from Green Rush should have arrived! If not, call us, because it’s been a few hours.
If you ordered flower, make cannabutter or oil and whip up some homemade cannabis-infused cupcakes. Here’s one of our favorite infused cupcake recipes from Chef Cheri:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cannabis-infused oil
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cannabis oil, oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract with an electric mixer.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl and mix just until smooth.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- To prepare the icing, beat together cream cheese, butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Lower mixer speed and slowly beat in confectioners’ sugar until incorporated. Increase speed and beat until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Spread icing over completely cooled cupcakes, leaving a small rim unfrosted to allow the cake to peak through.
If you don’t want to make your own dessert, and we don’t blame you, grab a chocolate bar from Chill. We can deliver that, too!
3) Make a Vision Board
If you’ve never heard of a vision board, it might change the way you approach your goals!
It’s basically a board that can be displayed on your wall or other common space for you to easily see. Your vision board showcases your hopes, dreams, and wishes you hope to achieve within a specific time. They can be tangible goals, like increasing your income, or personal goals like improving your marriage. Some people create vision boards each month, once a year, every few years, or whenever they feel it’s time to capture their visions.
To make a vision board, you’ll need some craft supplies. You’ll also need a fantastic creative strain, like these Lemon Cheesecake pre-rolls by Roots. We can deliver these, too, so just stay put.
If you aren’t crafty, we encourage you to try this project anyways. It can be a significant period of reflection and refocusing on your future goals. Remember, it’s Reset Night. Don’t make your goals related to the pandemic; make them about you.
Take your time, read the instructions 18x over before doing it, and don’t take yourself too seriously. Challenging yourself to try new things is a great way to strengthen your mind and combat the anxiety associated with “the new normal.” A fun craft in your own home is a great way to try something new.
If you have any old magazines - don’t throw them out. Their vibrant photos are perfect for your vision boards, and if there’s no picture of what you want, get creative and make your own!
Pro-tip: stay off social media and all communication channels throughout Reset Night. We can’t escape hearing about the new normal unless we make a conscious effort, so do that because you deserve it. Social media especially is unpredictable; there’s almost a 100% guarantee you’ll see something relating to the pandemic on your newsfeed.
Tag Us on Instagram
We can’t suggest you stay off your phone the whole night, though, because we need to see your meal, dessert, and vision board! Tag us on Instagram @greenrushdotcom and show us what you made when you took a break from the new normal.
If you're still in the mood for food, check out Pizza and Pre Rolls, to find out about some of the top pizza places in the Bay Area!